
Ok... not so long ago I was a girl who just wanted to play with Barbie Dolls, own a Cabbage Patch or even play that cool Twister game I saw once on TV. I remember I could be watching my favorite cartoon and suddenly one ad could present to me what could be the next thing I was going to ask Santa for Christmas.
Today, I see children and they are not facing the same world I faced a few years ago. Kids are just changing their time spent at TV for using the Internet and even do some online playing. They are changing some "Flinstones"cartoons for some online games.
And as I've realized about that... companies have done it too. Lots of differences between TV and Internet have been discovered:
- First of all, advertising at Internet is not as regulated as TV is... almost anything goes.
- Internet enables children to act as interactive consumers.
- Corporations may control their web page and may know that people who can or will be interested on them will look for it.
- Internet allows companies to collect data from customers or potential customers.
Some of the strategies that I've seen as used throughout online marketing are: Banner Ads, personalization of website, cartoon "spokecharacters" that interact and encourage consumer to relate to product or company, games and activities, screensavers and wallpapers, e-cards.



No comments:
Post a Comment