Monday, March 16, 2009
My favorite TV ad that arrived to me by e-mail
Some days ago I recieved a mail from a friend asking me to see a Coca Cola TV ad that was posted on YouTube, he said it was totally worth it. Well, now I get to understand how viral online marketing is working out and how each one of us is being affected by it.
This ad was made by Coca Cola for the market they have in Spain. But what really amazed me about that is the fact that even though it was created for a market that is at the other side of the world, it has arrived to people that lives in America and has been seen by more than half a million people.
I'm sure Coca Cola has spent lots of millions of dollars to play this ad on TV but their effects have gone beyond this media, getting to meet people that, some years ago, could not have even heard about it.
The ad is about the oldest man in the world, Josep Mascaro who is 102 years old, who is getting ready to meet the youngest baby in the world who is a girl to be born. You get to see how he gets ready to meet baby Aitana as soon as she is born. He is the only one who speaks throughout the whole ad. And by the way, it is a real story.
But for me, I would say that this 1:31 min ad did address the point it wanted.
Here's the script of the whole ad:
"Hi Aitana, my name is Josep Mascaro and I'm 102 years. I'm a very lucky man: lucky for being born as you, for being able to hug my wife, for having met my friends, for having the chance of saying goodbye to them, for still being here.
You might ask yourself why is the main reason for coming here today to meet you. It's just that lots of people will tell you that who might think to come to this world during this time: when there is a big crisis that is surrounding us. Huh, this will make you stronger. I lived worst moments than this one, but at the end, the only thing you'll remember are the good things.
Don't lose time spending your life in stupid things and go ahead and look for what makes you happy that times goes by really fast. I've lived a 102 years and I can assure you that the only thing you are not going to like about life is that it will seem too short. You're here to be happy".
Simple but true. Got me to share some tears. An ad that gives us some hope during these hard times.
And Coca Cola still reaches more and more people everyday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment