Thursday, March 19, 2009

Facebook pages Boom


Yesterday, I had a meeting with one of the clients we are working for in one of our Marketing courses, FundRazr. It is a Facebook based start-up company so we had the task of finding out the best ranked Facebook pages and checking out what was in there that actually made them qualify for that list. I could say it was very interesting because I had the chance of discovering Facebook pages, and to be honest, I didn't know about their existance. I even found out that some of them are controlled by the companies. That shows how big companies as Starbucks or Victoria's Secret have found the space where people are meeting with their friends. 90 of all the 100 world's biggest brands have Facebook Fan Pages.
Only 2 branded products are between the Top 10 facebook pages, but there are some other that are between the top 50.

Pages are becoming effective marketing tools because it enables companies to address people who are really linked to their brand and make them feel special and unique and at the same time, give them non branders of getting to know your companies.
Barack Obama has even become a brand, his webpage is the largest Facebook page and it grew very quickly, having more than 4.5 fans, and at the same time, creating a new way of making political marketing and addressing the young people he was trying to reach.
As a brand: be professional and create a proffesional Facebook webpage that allows members to stay in there after they become fans, that's the hardest point. If you use it correctly, it is a great way of obtaining different comments, feedback and discussions from people that truly know about your brand, offer them some videos also.

http://www.radicaltrust.ca/2008/04/23/top-10-facebook-pages/

No comments:

Post a Comment